Prayer for Iconographers
As we especially remember sacred icons on the first Sunday of Great Lent, let us say a prayer of gratitude for those in this holy work. Pray for them that they will use their talents to make icons as vehicles for prayer, grace and instruction for generations to come.
The First Sunday of Great Lent is called the Sunday of Orthodoxy in the Byzantine Church. The Sunday of Orthodoxy commemorates the restoration of the Church’s teaching on making images (icons) of our Lord and the saints in AD 843. It was previously known as the Sunday of the Commemoration of the Holy Prophets.
Let us remember the brother of Saide Hage whose brother is an iconographer in Lebanon.
Read on the Veneration of Icons.
Image: Iconographer Marek Czarnecki of Meriden, CT
41 Cross Road
Waterford CT 06385
Father Dennis McCarthy, Pastor
Sunday 10:00 am
Latest News Items
- St Luke the Evangelist October 18, 2021
- St Philip the Apostle October 11, 2021
- Protection of the Theotokos October 1, 2021
- Priesthood Sunday 2021 September 22, 2021
- The Cross: the tree of death has become the tree of life September 21, 2021
- History of St. Ann’s Church
- Parish Bulletins
- St. Jude Shrine
- Photo Gallery
- Contact Us