St. Ann Melkite Church has been serving Catholic Christians from the Holy Land in Eastern Connecticut since 1929. Melkites come from Antioch where “the disciples were for the first time called Christians” (Acts 11:26).
Dear Visitors, Friends, and Parishioners:
Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory forever!
I am happy to welcome you to our website. Hopefully, you will leave here with a glimpse of the unique and beautiful community that is St. Ann’s Melkite Catholic Church in Waterford, Connecticut. We hope you accept our sincere invitation to visit us if you are ever in the area.
“Welcome one another, as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God” (Romans 15:7).
The community of St. Ann’s is ethnically diverse, warm, hospitable, and deeply spiritual. The most apparent reflection of this is in the remarkable variety of people who have chosen to make our parish their home.
Some key points of our community life in Christ Jesus:
- The heart of the community is the celebration of the Holy Eucharist.
- The message preached and shared (lived) is the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- The liturgical life is rich.
- Our parish and diocesan organizations and ministries are composed of dedicated, God-fearing people. They contribute dynamically to the life of our parish community and beyond. We do not neglect the poor and needy, nor do we ignore the commandment of Christ to preach the Gospel to all “who have ears to hear.”
- Doing what we can, we persistently strive to be ever more faithful disciples in both hearing the Word of God and in obeying Him.
We celebrate the Liturgy according to the Byzantine Melkite riteand are fully part of the worldwide Catholic Church under the leadership of Pope Francis, of our Patriarch Joseph Absi, and of the Synod of Bishops of the Melkite Greek-Catholic Church. Melkites in the United States form a single diocese, the Melkite Eparchy of Newton, led by our bishop, the Most Rev. Nicholas Samra.
We are grateful to God for pouring out upon us His abundant blessings. Thank you for taking a few moments of your valuable time to visit with us in this website. We pray that God will bless and keep you and yours abundantly.
Yours in Christ,